The Tennessee Department of Human Services will be issuing Emergency Pandemic Tennessee Assistance for Needy Families (commonly referred to as TANF), which is an emergency cash assistance program for those impacted by COVID-19.
Emergency Pandemic TANF will utilize existing temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) funds.
To qualify, a family must:
- Have children in the household,
- Be at or below the 85th percentile of the State Median Income,
- Example: Be below approximately $52,000 a year for a family of 3, and
- Be able to show they are impacted by COVID-19,
- Example: A job loss due to employer closure for COVID-19.
The emergency benefits will be available to families in the following amounts:
- $500 for a family of 1-2,
- $750 for a family of 3-4, and
- $1,000 for a family of five or more.
The TDHA encourages Tennesseeans in need to apply online when the application becomes available at https://www.tn.gov/humanservices.html in order to encourage social distancing.