Serious Protection of Your Rights after You’ve Fallen on the Job
Nashville’s trusted team for workers’ compensation law
Of all the accidents listed on OSHA’s website, falls are the most deadly. In fact, almost 34% of workplace fatalities are caused by falls, and 3 of the 10 most violated safety statutes are related to falls in some way. For workers who survive a fall, the consequences can range from broken bones to brain damage to permanent paralysis, and everywhere in between.
Because the results of a fall are so serious, you want an attorney who is just as serious about protecting your rights as a worker. At the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm in Nashville, we treat the victims of workplace injuries with the respect and compassion they deserve. Our founder, Rocky, knows first-hand how a denied workers’ compensation claim can devastate a family, and our entire team has dedicated itself to making sure that injured workers get the help they need. If you or your loved one was injured in a work-related fall, we have the skills and experience to help you.
Causes of a workplace fall
Your employer has a duty to keep your job safe for the workers. When a workplace is unsafe, or violates OSHA safety standards, your chances of sustaining a serious injury increase. We have successfully protected the rights of clients with:
- Ladder and scaffolding accidents. An improperly placed ladder can shake or wobble, and may not support the weight it claims to handle. A poorly weighted scaffold can fall, and defective chains can snap.
- Failed safety gear. If your harness fails to support you, or if your hard hat cracks, you can suffer broken bones or brain injuries. If your employer or manager failed to erect guardrails or stanchions, or if your equipment was not properly inspected, he or she may be responsible for your injury.
- Unsupported construction material. Unsupported building pieces such as beams, pipes and concrete blocks can easily knock you off a ladder, or cause your ladder or scaffold to become unbalanced.
- Unclear walkaways. Whether you work on a construction site or in a retail shop, you need unobstructed paths to get from Point A to Point B. We have successfully assisted a client who slipped because of oil on the floor, as well as a client who tripped and fell into an assembly line.
- Weather hazards. Your employer is responsible for ice, snow and water that may collect in or around your workplace. If you fall on a patch of ice, or misjudge a step because of snow or standing water, we can help you file for workers’ compensation
No matter what caused your fall, we stand ready to protect you. The Rocky McElhaney Law Firm is known throughout Tennessee for our fierce litigators, aggressive negotiators and successful track record. We have a wide array of resources at our disposal to help us build your case, and work with medical personnel, engineers and accident reconstructionists to prove that you deserve compensation for your work-related injury.
Putting the rights and futures of Tennessee workers first
A fall, no matter how minor it seems to be, can lead to a number of health complications later. The Rocky McElhaney Law Firm in Nashville has devoted itself to protecting workers who were injured because of malfunctioning equipment or employer negligence. To schedule a free consultation with a trusted workers’ compensation attorney, please call 615-425-2500 or fill out our contact form. In addition to Nashville, we proudly serve clients in Kingsport, Columbia, Murfreesboro, Memphis, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Hendersonville.