Serious Protection When Serious Hospital Errors Lead to Harmful Consequences
Fighting on behalf of victims of hospital negligence throughout Tennessee
At the end of 2013, Forbes Magazine ran a story about preventable hospital errors, and claimed that approximately 440,000 people died each year as a result of them. That’s nearly half a million people who succumbed because of negligent hospital practices.
At the Rocky McElhaney Law firm, we’re committed to holding hospital employees accountable for their potentially life-threatening mistakes. As one of the premier personal injury law firms in Nashville, Knoxville and Hendersonville, we know what negligence looks like and we know how to win cases. If hospital negligence harmed you, or caused the untimely death of your loved one, you can trust in us to protect your rights.
Understanding what hospital negligence is
A hospital error may be committed by a doctor, a nurse, a surgeon, a specialist – or even the very Board of Directors or CEOs who run the institutions. In the simplest terms, hospital negligence is that which occurs in a hospital or because of a hospital’s policies. The more common examples include:
- Surgical errors, such as leaving a sponge in a patient’s body, or operating on the wrong patient
- Anesthesia errors, such as giving the wrong dosage or failing to monitor the patient
- Contamination, such as improperly sterilized surgical tools or medical personnel not wearing the proper gloves or mouth covers
- Lack of communication, leading to doctors and nurses not knowing what procedures have been done or which steps are require next
- Medication errors, such as prescribing the wrong drug or the wrong dosage amount
- Delayed or misdiagnosis, caused by missing the signs of a disease or infection, or perhaps rushing through the preliminary tests
- Emergency room errors made in haste to open more room, or in emergency surgery situations
- Defective medical products, such as faulty devices or dangerous drugs
RML protects you when you fall victim to medical malpractice. Our exclusive focus on protecting injury victims means that we keep our finger on the pulse of changing rules, statutes and regulations, and we understand how Tennessee hospitals as well as local and national insurance firms operate. Whether inattention led to an increased or prolonged illness, or a negligent doctor’s actions have put you in a wheelchair, we have the resources and the skills you want on your side.
Holding hospitals accountable for their mistakes
Hospitals should be institutions of healing – not the opposite. At the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, our attorneys help those who were injured in hospital in Nashville, Hendersonville, and Knoxville and throughout the State of Tennessee. We offer the highest quality representation in a stress-free environment. Please call 888.619.4765 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.