Skilled Tennessee Medical Malpractice Attorneys Protect Your Rights
Helping victims and their families in Nashville, Knoxville and Hendersonville
We trust in our doctors to help us heal when we are unwell. We expect that they will perform their duties with a reasonable level of care and with the utmost professionalism. At times, we literally put our lives and the lives of our loved ones in their hands. When a doctor or medical professional fails in his or her duties, or performs so negligently that a patient suffers undue injury or harm, that doctor may be guilty of medical malpractice.
The Rocky McElhaney Law Firm has fought on behalf of the injured since its inception. Our Nashville medical malpractice attorneys believe that the people who are responsible for your injuries must be held accountable. We are not afraid to fight against insurance companies who are more concerned about their bottom line than about your well-being. If you or your loved one has suffered at the hands of a medical professional, you can trust the Tennessee medical malpractice lawyers of Rocky McElhaney Law Firm to be your advocates. We never stop fighting for the people we serve.
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice is the “improper, unskilled, or negligent treatment of a patient by a physician, dentist, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care professional.” In order for an injured patient to make a successful claim of malpractice, that patient’s attorney must prove:
- The doctor owed the patient a professional duty and standard of care
- That duty and/or care was breached by the doctor
- The patient suffered an injury because of the breach
- There were resulting damages from the breach
It is important to note that not every injury is caused by malpractice. For example, if a patient presents with strep throat and the doctor prescribes penicillin, and then the patient has an allergic reaction to the drug, the doctor is not automatically guilty of malpractice: if the patient didn’t tell the doctor he/she was allergic, or if there is no history of allergies, then the doctor could not have known and thus performed at the expected level of care. If, however, that same patient’s medical records say that he/she is allergic to penicillin and the doctor prescribes it anyway, then that is an act of negligence.
What our medical malpractice law firm does to help
From our 3 offices in Nashville, Knoxville and Hendersonville, we help medical malpractice victims across the state of Tennessee who need compensation in order to pay their bills and expenses, who have experienced pain and suffering, or who have tragically lost a loved one in a case of wrongful death because of negligence. We want to hear your story if you have suffered from:
- Hospital errors. Hospitals can be dangerous places for the healthy and the ill. Your chances of developing a hospital acquired infection are about 25%, even if your procedure went smoothly. At Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we protect the rights of victims of surgical errors, including anesthesia mistakes and wrongful amputations, and those who have been hurt by a medication mistake. We also represent those whose illnesses were misdiagnosed or whose diagnoses were delayed.
- Medical staff negligence. Whether your loved one suffered in a nursing home, your surgeon was under the influence of drugs or alcohol while operating, or an RN or LPN made a mistake, we can help. We represent victims of nursing negligence and physician negligence who were harmed in hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics and nursing homes.
- Catastrophic injuries. A medical error which renders you impotent, causes paralysis or gives you serious burns can have life-long repercussions. Rocky McElhaney Law Firm helps victims obtain the compensation they need to cover their substantial medical expenses to help them adjust to a new life.
- Defective products and drugs. Rocky McElhaney Law Firm has earned its reputation in Nashville, Knoxville and Hendersonville as one of the premier law firms for products liability. If you were prescribed a dangerous drug, or if you were grievously injured by a defective medical device like a hip replacement or a power morcellator, we have the skills and experience you want on your side.
At the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we do more than win complex lawsuits – we offer our clients hope for a better future, even after a life-altering injury. We work hard every day to give our clients the security they crave and the compensation they need in order to adjust to a new life with new rules. When you are injured, you can put your trust in the fighters of Rocky McElhaney Law Firm.
Fighting on behalf of injury victims throughout Eastern Tennessee
Dealing with a serious injury is hard; picking a medical malpractice lawyer who represents your interests and only your interests doesn’t have to be. The Rocky McElhaney Law Firm fights on behalf of medical malpractice victims in Tennessee. We will shoulder the burden with you. To schedule a consultation time with one of our skilled Nashville medical malpractice attorneys, please call 615.246.5549 or contact the firm online. We proudly represent clients throughout Hendersonville, Knoxville, Columbia, Clarksville, Memphis, Hendersonville, Kingsport, Murfreesboro and Chattanooga.