What Kind of Car Crash Did You Have?
Learn more about your rights from a trusted Nashville, Hendersonville & Knoxville car crash attorney
There are more than 4.5 million licensed drivers in the state of Tennessee, not counting professional truck drivers and tourists. With so many drivers on the road, it’s no wonder there were more than 117,000 crashes across the state in 2014 and more than 30,000 injuries.
At the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we help car crash victims obtain the compensation they need to protect their families. We are a skilled and experienced team of car accident lawyers known for our aggressive courtroom strategies and our refusal to back down to large insurance companies who don’t want to pay your claim. With offices in Nashville, Knoxville and Hendersonville, RML is where you need us, when you need us – and we are ready to fight for you.
Common types of car crashes
The types of injuries you sustain may depend on what kind of car crash you had. For that reason, you should always seek your doctor’s advice, so he or she can diagnose any injuries you might have as quickly as possible. The most common types of car accidents are:
- Broadside collisions, also known as T-bone collisions, where one car hits another car along the doors. T-bone collisions can lead to fractured bones, organ damage and body crush injuries.
- Head-on collisions, where your car crashes into another moving or stationary object. A head-on collision can give you whiplash, facial lacerations and a broken nose from the force of you hitting the air bag. If you are not in a seat belt, you also risk flying through your car window.
- Multi-car accidents, also described as a “pile-up,” where more than two cars are involved in a crash. Multi-car wrecks can be very dangerous, since the more cars involved means the greater your chance to be hurt. They are a logistical nightmare in the courtroom as well because of Tennessee’s comparative negligence laws. At RML, our car crash lawyers have years of experience helping victims of multi-car accidents.
- Rear-end collisions, where another driver hits your car (whether you’re moving or stationary) from behind. These are among the most common car crashes, and may result in whiplash or a traumatic brain injury depending on the force of the hit.
- Sideswipes, where your car brushes against another object – like a guardrail – or another driver swipes your car with the side of his or her car. Not all sideswipe accidents lead to injuries, but if your windows shatter or break because of the hit, you could sustain serious lacerations.
Our team of “Gladiators in Suits” has helped drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycle riders obtain the help they need right when they need it most. We have worked with clients in Nashville, Knoxville and Hendersonville and around Tennessee, and we have seen every kind of car crash case there is. We know that the insurance company does not want to pay out your claim fairly – and we aren’t afraid to force their hand by taking them to court. You can trust the car crash attorneys of RML to protect you and your family’s best interests at every step.
Protecting the rights of car accident victims throughout Tennessee
The Rocky McElhaney Law Firm is proud to serve the people of Middle Tennessee by providing comprehensive care and counsel after an accident. If a negligent or dangerous driver’s actions led to your injuries, we may be able to help. To schedule a free initial consultation at one of our offices in Nashville, Knoxville or Hendersonville, please call 615-425-2500 or fill out our contact form.