Fatal Auto, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents in Tennessee
Fatal accident lawyers serving Nashville, Hendersonville and Knoxville and all of Tennessee
Auto accidents lead to hundreds of deaths in Tennessee each year. To be considered a fatal accident, the deceased may have died instantly at the time of the accident, or they may have passed away a few days or weeks later after succumbing to their injuries from the accident. There many different causes of fatal accidents but many can be traced back to negligent actions.
At the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we understand how devastating it can be to lose a loved one in a tragic accident. While you and your loved ones deal with the grief and the shock of the sudden loss, we will be fighting for the compensation you deserve. Our Nashville, Hendersonville and Knoxville fatal accident attorneys have considerable experience representing clients who have lost loved ones in deadly car crash cases throughout Tennessee.
Common types of fatal accidents
There are so many different types of accidents that can be fatal. There are a few accidents that are more common than others, including:
- Auto accidents. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of personal injury in the United States, and for certain age groups they are a leading cause of death in fatal accidents. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that there were 32,675 fatalities in car crashes in 2014. Whether the accident was caused by a drunk or distracted driver, speeding or poor weather conditions, the majority of auto collisions were caused by driver error.
- Truck accidents. There were 3,964 fatalities in accidents involving large commercial trucks in the U.S. according to NHTSA data for 2013. Commercial truck accidents can be very complicated, but our Nashville fatal truck accident attorneys know how to investigate every detail of an accident and determine who is responsible.
- Motorcycle accidents. In 2013 4,381 motorcyclists died in crashes. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that motorcycle deaths accounted for 13 percent of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2013. Our Nashville fatal motorcycle accident attorneys understand the complexities of investigating motorcycle crashes. We enlist the services of accident reconstruction specialists and we do not stop until we have succeeded in winning compensation for our clients who have suffered the tragic loss of a loved one in a motorcycle crash.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents. People who are walking down the street or riding a bicycle on the roads have no protection from the motor vehicles with which they must share the road. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is an average of one crash-related pedestrian death every 2 hours in the U.S. Pedestrians are 1.5 times more likely than a passenger in a vehicle to be killed in a car crash on each trip.
- Workplace accidents. Some industries such as the construction industry are more dangerous than others. Workers can die in fatal accidents from falling, getting struck by a piece of equipment, electrocution and accidents involving defective machines and equipment. We fight for justice for families who have lost loved ones in an industrial accident.
- Sporting accidents. From downhill or water skiing, to race car driving, to skydiving, some sporting activities can be deadly.
Causes of fatal accidents
The negligent conduct that causes fatal accidents often includes these common situations:
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Passengers not wearing seat belts
- Poor weather conditions
- Medical emergencies
- Mechanical failures
Work with a reputable Nashville fatal accident attorney team
Although the fatality was caused by an accident rather than a malicious action, the cause of the accident can usually be traced back to some form of negligence. You may be able file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party to recover damages for your losses. An experienced Nashville fatal auto accident attorney at the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm knows how to engage experts in investigating the accident to uncover the cause and who may be held liable for your losses. We never stop fighting until you get the compensation you deserve for your loss.
Call Rocky McElhaney Law Firm today
If you have lost a loved one due to an accident caused by the negligence of another, please call Rocky McElhaney Law Firm today at 615-246-5549 or fill out our contact form. Located conveniently on world famous Music Row in Nashville, Tennessee our compassionate attorneys are dedicated to bringing you justice in the form of compensation for your losses. From offices in Nashville, Hendersonville and Knoxville, we serve throughout Tennessee. At Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we fight for you!