Nashville Fatal Auto, Truck, and Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Deadly accident attorneys serving Nashville, Hendersonville, Clarksville, and Tennessee
Auto accidents lead to hundreds of deaths in Tennessee each year. To be considered a fatal accident, the deceased may have died instantly at the time of the accident, or they may have passed away a few days or weeks later after succumbing to their injuries from the accident. There are many different causes of fatal accidents, but many can be traced back to negligent actions or defective vehicle parts.
At Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we understand how devastating it can be to lose a loved one in a tragic accident. While you and your loved ones deal with the grief and the shock of the sudden loss, we will be fighting for the compensation you deserve. Our Nashville, Hendersonville, and Clarksville car accident, truck accident, and motorcycle accident attorneys have considerable experience representing clients who have lost loved ones in deadly car crash cases throughout Tennessee.
Answers to Your Questions
"When I was a teenager, Dad got hurt. Insurance company wouldn't pay. We lost our house. But, Dad got a lawyer and we got justice. That's the moment I decided to become an attorney. As a lawyer, I have dedicated my life to helping injury victims."
What are the types of fatal vehicle accidents?
There are so many different types of accidents that can be fatal. There are a few accidents that are more common than others, including:
- Car accidents. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of personal injury in the United States. For certain age groups, vehicle accidents are a leading cause of death in fatal accidents. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 38,824 lives were lost in traffic accidents nationwide in 2020 – the highest number of deaths since 2007. Whether the accident was caused by a drunk or distracted driver, speeding, or poor weather conditions, the majority of auto collisions were caused by driver error.
- Truck accidents. More than 4,000 people died in large truck crashes in 2020 according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Fifteen percent of those who died were occupants of trucks. Sixty-eight percent were occupants of cars and other passenger vehicles. Sixteen percent of the people who died in truck accidents were pedestrians, bicyclists, or motorcyclists. Commercial truck accidents can be very complicated, but our Nashville fatal truck accident attorneys know how to investigate every detail of an accident. We know how to use that information to determine all those who are responsible. Truck underride accidents, truck rollovers, jackknife accidents, and spilled cargo accidents are especially deadly.
- Motorcycle accidents. The IIHS reported that, in 2020, there were 5,579 motorcycle fatalities. There were 83,000 people injured in motorcycle accidents in 2020. Our Nashville fatal motorcycle accident attorneys understand the complexities of investigating motorcycle crashes. Motorcycles are much more likely to cause fatalities than other vehicle accidents because a motorcycle has no physical protection – unlike cars and trucks which have hoods, roofs, trunks, and side doors or sidings.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents. People who are walking down the street or riding a bicycle on the roads have no protection from the motor vehicles with which they must share the road. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2020, more than 7,000 people died in accidents involving vehicles. One of every six persons killed in 2020 was a pedestrian. About 104,000 pedestrians required ER care. In 2019, nearly half of the traffic accidents that killed a pedestrian involved a drunk driver. Many fatal pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents in Nashville happen at intersections.
- Construction accidents. Many traffic fatalities happen at roadway construction sites. The operators and owners of these sites need to ensure that their workers are protected. They need to ensure drivers are directed away from the traffic site. The owners may be liable if they fail to warn drivers from a proper distance and in a proper way. Operators should use detour signs, cones, lane markers, overhead signs, and other methods to warn drivers. Good lighting is essential. Workers may be injured while driving trucks into or out of the site. Both public entities and private companies may be liable for Nashville roadway construction accidents.
We enlist the services of accident reconstruction specialists. We do not stop until we have succeeded in obtaining the maximum compensation possible from the liable defendants. We fight hard for our clients who have suffered the tragic loss of a loved one in a motorcycle crash.
What are the causes of fatal accidents in Nashville?
The negligent conduct that causes fatal accidents often includes these common situations:
How does a reputable fatal accident lawyer fight for families in Nashville?
Although the fatality was caused by an accident rather than a malicious action, the cause of the accident can usually be traced back to some form of negligence. You may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party to recover damages for your losses. An experienced Nashville fatal auto accident attorney at Rocky McElhaney Law Firm knows how handle your case. They know how to engage experts in investigating the accident to uncover the cause and who may be held liable for your losses. We never stop fighting until you get the compensation you deserve for your loss.
We work with investigators, the police, eyewitnesses, reconstruction experts, and product safety experts to show how the Nashville fatal accident happened and who is responsible. We also use the discovery process to submit formal oral and written questions to the people and companies involved. We obtain all necessary documents such as electronic truck logs, repair records, insurance information, and other valuable information.
Our personal injury lawyers file claims against drivers, vehicle owners, trucking companies, manufacturers, sellers of alcohol (if a drunk driver caused the crash), and all other responsible defendants.
What damages are available in a Nashville fatal accident case?
The damages in a wrongful death action in Tennessee can include the following:
- The funeral and burial expenses
- Any medical expenses your loved one incurred before they died
- The pain and suffering of the decedent before their death due to the accident
- The income and benefits your loved one would have earned if the deadly Nashville vehicle accident had not occurred
- The value of the guidance, support, companionship, society, and care your loved one would have provided to their family members
We work with financial professionals who are skilled at placing a value on the various damage factors based on the decedent’s age, job skills, job experience, and other factors.
Do you have a fatal vehicle accident lawyer near me?
Rocky McElhaney Law Firm has two offices in Nashville: one at 545 Mainstream Dr., Suite 105 and one at 615 Main Street, B21. We also have state-of-the-art offices in Hendersonville and Clarksville. If you are too injured to come to our offices, we will make home and hospital visits. You can also schedule a phone or video consultation.
Our lawyers will answer all your questions including who should file the wrongful death claim. We’ll guide you through each step of the claims process. We handle fatal vehicle accident claims on a contingency fee basis.
Call Rocky McElhaney Law Firm in Nashville today for help with fatal accident claims
If you have lost a loved one due to a car, truck, motorcycle, or another type of vehicle accident caused by the negligence of another, please call Rocky McElhaney Law Firm today at 615-425-2500 or fill out our contact form. Our compassionate Tennessee attorneys fight to honor your loved one by ensuring that their family receives all the compensation Tennessee law permits. From our offices in Nashville, Hendersonville, and Clarksville, we serve clients throughout Tennessee. At Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we fight for you!