Clarksville Truck Accident Lawyers
Clarksville truck accident attorneys serving those injured in tractor trailer accidents throughout TN
Truck accidents between commercial 18-wheelers and passenger vehicles on our nation’s highways continue to cause serious injury and death, to truck drivers and occupants of other vehicles. When you factor in the massive weight differential between the average passenger vehicle and a commercial truck, it is no wonder that the result of truck accidents is often fatalities. At the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, we are here to fight for your right to recover compensation after a truck accident injury, or when you have lost a loved one in a truck accident. Schedule a free consultation with a Clarksville truck accident lawyer today.
What are the five most common causes of truck accidents in Clarksville?
Every truck accident is different, but there are some common causes that lead to truck accidents in Tennessee:
- Speeding involves exceeding the posted speed limit or driving too fast for conditions. Speeding makes an already dangerous job of driving a 40,000 lb. vehicle even more hazardous. Trucks require a much longer stopping distance than passenger vehicles. Speeding makes it difficult to control a large truck and to stop it in time to avert disaster.
- Drunk driving is reckless behavior. Getting behind the wheel after having had too much to drink puts other lives in danger needlessly.
- Drugged driving. With the opioid epidemic, and more states legalizing the use of marijuana, the greater the chances that your truck accident could have been caused because the truck driver was impaired by drug use.
- Distracted driving, which is an increasing cause of any type of motor vehicle accident is another form of reckless behavior and it can cause deadly accidents because the driver thinks they can divide their attention instead of focusing on the task of driving.
- Drowsy driving. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) established hours of service (HOS) regulations to limit the number of consecutive hours a commercial truck driver can drive and how many hours they had to rest, yet drowsy driving is still a leading cause of deadly truck accidents.
Additional factors that cause truck accidents include:
- Defective or failed equipment
- Negligent maintenance
- Cargo problems
- Environmental/road conditions
Common injuries related to truck accidents in Clarksville
Because of the size and weight of large trucks, those who are involved in a truck accident often suffer serious injuries including:
Who can I sue after a truck accident injury in Clarksville?
When it comes to a commercial truck accident, who is liable for injuries becomes a complex matter. You might be filing a claim against the trucking company, the owner of the freight, a maintenance vendor, the manufacturer of defective equipment or even the governmental authority responsible for road maintenance. Our Clarksville truck accident lawyers can help you determine liable parties.
How much is my Clarksville truck accident injury case worth?
While it is one of the most common questions we get from new clients, it is not a question we can answer right away. Every truck accident case is different because all the factors that determine the value of the case are different. While we can't tell you at your initial consultation how much your case is worth, we can discuss the total amount of your medical bills and lost wages, and look at the severity of your injuries, whether you will be left with any permanent disabilities, or a need for future surgeries and continued treatment.
Though being involved in a personal injury claim can be trying, it’s important understand that sometimes the full impact of some injuries take longer to manifest than others. Giving yourself time to seek the right treatment and fully heal from those injuries could make a substantial difference to your case and the amount of your final award.
Truth be told, there is no hard and fast rule for determining the worth of a case because all cases are different. During a consultation at Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, our honest, straight-forward attorneys will explain the potential outcomes, timeline, and what our strategy might be to obtain the very best result in your case. You will be able to ask as many questions as you like so you can feel confident in your decision to trust us to fight for you.
When you hire Rocky McElhaney Law Firm to represent you and fight for the results you deserve for your injuries, you are in capable, competent hands with plenty of experience in recovering millions for countless clients across Tennessee. We know how much every dollar matters to our clients. We understand the toll that an injury can take on your job, your family and your life. That’s why we always fight for the maximum compensation available to you and why we don’t settle for less.
What kind of compensation is available in a Clarksville truck accident injury case?
It is important to understand that while you are entitled to compensation when you have been injured because of someone else's negligence, this does not mean that you will always automatically recover compensation. You will be required to prove that the negligence of the at-fault party was the direct cause of your injury. The strength of your case in proving the negligence of the at-fault parties will determine whether you recover compensation and how much.
The types of compensation you could recover after a truck accident injury include:
- Medical expenses
- Wage losses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Funeral and/or burial expenses
What to do immediately following a truck accident in Clarksville
If you have been injured in a truck accident, there are some important first steps you should take immediately following the crash including:
- Call 911 and seek medical attention for your injury and for anyone else involved who was hurt.
- Make sure your next call to a truck accident lawyer. The trucking company assembles a team of lawyers and insurance people almost immediately when a truck wreck happens. They are devoted to devaluing your claim for injuries and damages. You need a legal advocate in your corner to fight on your behalf right from the gate!
- Get contact information and insurance information from the other driver or drivers.
- If you are physically able, take pictures/video of the vehicles involved, the scene, and your injuries. If you are not able, you may have a friend, family member or bystander do this for you at the crash scene. Continue to take pictures of those injuries throughout the treatment and healing process.
- Speak to any witnesses who were not involved and get their contact information if they are willing to talk about what they saw.
- Do not speak to the insurance adjuster. Instead, refer them to your truck accident lawyer.
- Do not answer any questions from the trucking company or their legal team
- After the crash, follow up with a doctor and diligently follow their treatment advice.
How can a Clarksville trucking accident lawyer help my injury case?
You can rely on an experienced Clarksville truck accident lawyer from the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm to be thoroughly familiar with the complex nature of truck accidents. We investigate the accident and your injuries, and we gather the evidence required to present a compelling case on your behalf, and we will handle all aspects of your injury claim whether we settle the case or go to court. Our legal team will fight for the maximum compensation available for your truck accident injury claim.
- Fatigue and Falsifying Driver Logs
- Wheel-Offs, Bad Brakes and Other Truck Defects
- Why Truck Accident Lawsuits Are Different from Other Vehicle Claims
- Why Truck Accidents Cause Such Catastrophic Injuries
- Reflective Tape Can Cut Down on Truck Accidents
- What Are the Most Dangerous Roads in Tennessee for Truck Accidents?
Injured in Tennessee? Our Clarksville truck accident lawyers are here for you
The Rocky McElhaney Law firm in Clarksville fights for your rights when you’ve been injured because of a truck accident. You may schedule a free initial consultation by calling 615-425-2500 or filling out our contact form. We are proud to help clients throughout Tennessee.